Today’s homes feature many beautiful surfaces from carpet and area rugs to tile or stone floors. Wood floors are one of the most popular choices homeowners choose for their durability and long-lasting beauty. Simply Magic Chem-Dry offers industry-leading cleaning services for your entire home, including our Wood Floor Cleaning Process that combines cleaning, sanitizing and polishing to provide a deep clean and renew the beautiful look of your wood floors.
Wood floors need regular maintenance to maintain their beauty and durability. Our Wood Floor Cleaning Process is specifically designed for solid hardwood and engineered wood floors as well as luxury vinyl tile (LVT) type flooring. Like other surfaces that see regular use, dirt, grime and debris build up over time that can damage wood floors as well as allergens that can compromise home and family healthy. The Chem-Dry Wood Floor Cleaning Process offers many benefits including:
- Removes dirt, grime, allergens from pets and pollen, and smoke
- Increases floor life
- Provides a superior deep clean vs. typical mopping
- Provides a protective barrier to protect any future damage
- Adds a durable shine
- Uses minimal moisture, preventing potential damage to the wood floors
Why Choose Simply Magic Chem-Dry?
There are dozens of home cleaning solutions and retail products designed to clean hardwood floors. While these products can provide short-term results, they can also cause unseen damage and allow residue, dirt and grime to build-up over time. A periodic professional Wood Floor Cleaning is the best solution to protect and enhance your floors.
The comparison below highlights the benefits of our Wood Floor Cleaning Process over doing it yourself at home:
|Simply Magic Chem-Dry Wood Floor Cleaning vs. DIY Mopping|
|Chem-Dry Wood Floor Cleaning||DIY Mopping|
|Uses a green-certified cleaner, safe for people & pets||Uses soaps and detergents, which can contain harmful chemicals|
|Industry-leading equipment with counter-rotating brushes that penetrate the grain of the wood||Wet mop skims across the surface of the wood floor|
|Provides deeper clean that removes dirt, grime & allergens from in the wood grain||Surface cleaning that doesn’t penetrate wood grain|
|Uses minimal water, protecting the wood from damage||Uses a lot of water that can soak into wood and cause damage such as buckling|
|Powerful vacuum extracts moisture along with dirt and contaminants from your floors & home||Mop soaks up some dirt and contaminants but also spreads it around floor and doesn’t extract it from home|
|Uses durable polish that leaves a protective barrier and healthy shine||Can apply polish that typically won’t last long or provide much protection against damage|
The Wood Floor Cleaning Process
- Our professionally-trained Wood Floor Cleaning technicians will perform a thorough inspection to identify deep scratches and blemishes.
- They will also determine if your floor has an acrylic coating.
- Our Wood Floor Cleaning process is not designed to repair deep scratches, gouges, discolorations or stains in the wood and is not intended for use on bare wood floors. We do not offer wood floor sanding and refinishing services.
- Polish and Acrylic Coating Removal
- If the technician identifies the presence of floor polish or acrylic coating, it will be gently removed using our Wood Floor Polish Remover.
- Deep Cleaning
- The next step is to perform a deep cleaning of the wood floor using our specially-formulated, green-certified cleaner, which will remove dirt, debris and any contaminants from the surface and grain of the wood.
- The result is a sparkling clean and streak-free floor.
- Wood Floor Polish
- The final step is the application of our Wood Floor Polish to highlight the beauty of the floor and wood grain. Our Polish also adds and additional protective layer to the surface until the next cleaning is needed. This is a coating which will need to be reapplied periodically depending on traffic.
The Facts about Wood Floors
- A major investment within your home
- Durable and long-lasting, with proper maintenance
- Dirt, grime and other particles that get stuck to the floor can cause damage
- Allergens can get into the grain of wood and impact home and family health
Dirt, Allergens and Bacteria in the Grain of Wood
Schedule Your Wood Floor Cleaning Service Today!
*Based on studies conducted by independent laboratories of Chem-Dry’s HCE (Hot Carbonating Extraction), P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment), Granite Countertop Renewal, and Tile, Stone & Grout cleaning processes. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. Pet odor results based on testing with the most common odor sources found in dog and cat urine. Pet urine bacteria results based on Chem-Dry’s HCE cleaning process and a sanitizer, combined with P.U.R.T. All bacteria results include use of sanitizer. Figures are an average across multiple tests.