P.U.R.T.® is a revolutionary new product specially formulated to eliminate urine odors. This product has shown excellent results on even the most severe urine damage. Urine in carpeting is a severe problem that requires major restoration work, not just simple cleaning and treating. But now with the revolutionary P.U.R.T. product your most severe urine damaged areas can be saved.
Facts You Need To Know About Pet Urine In Your Carpeting:
Urine deposited on carpet does not stay there, it penetrates the ﬁbers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below the carpet. Often, without your knowing, pets will urinate continually in the same general location. Urine odors can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls.
As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning will not remove this odor. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odors.
When P.U.R.T. contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
How P.U.R.T. Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined, then the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the subfloor if determined necessary.*
- P.U.R.T. will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine. *
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T. will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.
- Area and Oriental Rugs will need to be taken to our rug cleaning plant/shop for treatment for best results.
- Additional charges based on your unique situation will apply for all services.
Sanitize and Deodorize to Reduce Allergens, Virus and Bacteria with Healthy Home Package
Unfortunately, carpets and upholstery absorb and collect common allergens and germs that can spread illness, cause allergies and make asthma symptoms worse for you and your family. So if you have someone in your home who suffers from allergies or have children in the home who love to roll around and play on the carpet and furniture, ask about Simply Magic Chem-Dry’s Healthy Home Package. The Healthy Home Package includes application of a professional strength deodorizer and sanitizer to reduce germs, tough odors and allergens, leaving your carpets and upholstery clean, healthy and safer for you and your family. The Hot Carbonated Process when performed by Simply Magic will remove many allergens but it is the sanitizer that helps reduce bacteria and viruses in the carpet or upholstery adding an additional benefit to air quality.
- Sanitizes home to eliminate unhealthy bacteria and virus that can spread illness. We use Hospital Grade Sanitizer which is proven to kill viruses similar to the COVID-19 virus.
- Reduces common allergens from dust mites, pests, pet dander, mildew, mold, pollen and more
- Special deodorizer reaches odors absorbed in your carpets and upholstery so they aren’t just masked – they’re eliminated
- Works on all kinds of furniture, including: beds, mattresses and other household items
- We also have other treatments to reduce smoke and skunk odors
Ask a Simply Magic representative about how we can revitalize your home’s carpets and upholstery for a longer lasting, healthier clean with our basic, protectant or healthy home cleaning for your carpets today. Note: Simply Magic Chem-Dry does not warrant or guarantee that the methods and products we use will to kill/eliminate all harmful mold, pathogens, viruses and bacteria in your home or business.
*Based on results of studies conducted by independent laboratories of Chem-Dry’s Hot Carbonating Extraction process. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. All bacteria results include use of sanitizer. Figures are an average across multiple homes. Hard surface bacteria tests were based on independent lab testing associated with EPA registration #s 84683-3-74771 and 70385-6; sealed stone and VCT surfaces were evaluated and bacteria tested include salmonella, influenza and E. coli.